01 July 2011

Fresh Vintage

Well, we made it back from the beach. 

We had a wonderful time with one exception:  The house we stayed in was a wee bit on the dumpy side.  

Not horrible. 
Just in dire need of a generous dose of TLC. 
And some SERIOUS decluttering. 

But B and I had fun dreaming about all the things we'd do to it if it belonged to us. Soooo...we have just about decided to try to sell this big ol' monster house, God willing, and get serious about following our dream of having a house at the beach.  After all, we're not gettin' any younger, y'know.

There's nothing like a vacation to put things in perspective, is there?

Thank you all for being so nice to me after Rhoda's feature, and welcome to all you new followers.  I'm still trying to get around and visit everyone who left me comments and sent e-mails, but here are the answers to a few questions:

The lanterns on the exterior of the house are by Savoy House Pompia.

The lanterns over the kitchen island are Currey and Company.

The paint colors downstairs are Hazy Skies, French Canvas, and November Rain (all Benjamin Moore).

The paint in our bedroom was a custom mix, but if you'd like a sample just e-mail me and I'll try to get one in the mail to you.  I haven't forgotten about you, Becky!

 

And finally, my hydrangeas are blooming! I thought for sure they were goners after last summer since I can't grow much of anything. However, not only did they survive, but all three shrubs are HUGE and covered in blooms.



Can I get a woot?!







Vintage apothecary jar from Homestead in Fredericksburg, Texas.




Set of 12 vintage Limoges fish plates - Metrolina. I think I'm gonna hang them in the dining room after it's painted.





See the white platter underneath?  It's vintage Vietri - $24 from the consignment store this week.  I know! Shut the front door!

Joining Liz for Fresh Cut Friday and Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday.




vif187

13 comments:

  1. OOOOHHH! I just love your little arrangement in the apothecary jar. Your pictures are so pretty. Glad you had a great vacation.:) Thank you for joining in for Fresh-Cut Friday. I so appreciate it.

    I hope you have a wonderful 4th!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot you can overlook for a stay at the beach. sounds wonderful! And I'm slobbering all over your Limoges plates. I had a few and my daughter made off with them. Love the look and feel of your vignette. so very comfortable and vintage. Hope you're having a great weekend. Thanks so much for linking up to VIF!
    xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee, I ALWAYS do that in vacation rentals - redecorate in my head!
    How exciting about the possibility of pursuing a beach house!
    Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tee! It's so nice to meet you and what a wonderful post! We live about 2 blocks from the beach and I confess, I don't go over as often as I should! What a wonderful vignette too! Thanks for popping in to see me and I sure do hope you'll come back again.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee,
    I love your vintage-y arrangement! Your fish plates are gorgeous and I can totally see them displayed in your dining room. They'll look so beautiful!
    Glad you had a great time at the beach. Hope your 4th is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting you from Fresh Cut Flowers. I love your blog and esp. your recent conquest. I think I may have the same fish plates. They
    are usually very exp. around this neck of the woods. Mine I have had for at least 25 years. Hang on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about a WOOT WOOT!!! I want hydrangea's but I'm scared I'll kill them. I can't imagine selling your gorgeous house but a beach house would be awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those plates and platter were great finds. How great your hydrangeas are doing so well, mine however are struggling again this year... BOO. Thanks for visiting and following, I'm following your great blog too and am off to read more of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Gosh, I love your sense of humor. The description of the men in your life really made me laugh. How blessed you are. I too, would love to live close to the ocean. But, I only have the dream. Enjoyed your post and now following you..I promise not to lurk!
    Happy Fourth..
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post! Stunning shots here. I love the beach life. These plates and platter are great finds. Great space you got here.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am catching up on blogs so am just coming over from Rhoda's. Just as I get here, you are deciding to MOVE??? Yikes, I better search your blog and catch up:):) Hope you had a great 4th. I will be your newest follower. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    Just visited your blog today. It is colorful, pretty, and charming. While I was reading your "About Me," I noticed we have a lot of the same interests. I love candles and beautiful music, especially the old classics like Frank Sinatra. I like shopping, chick flicks and Mexican food. In fact, there's a Mexican restaurant that is in our old town, and me and my son go there often. I see that you would like to go to Paris. My daughters went to Paris a couple years ago, and loved everything about it. We will be doing a "Paris" post soon. I laughed when you said that lizards give you the creeps. Me too. Yesterday, I saw one clinging to my kitchen window, and I was so surprised - it freaked me out. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss this post? I'm so jealous of your hydrangeas. Mine just don't grow and haven't flowered in years! Can't grow azaleas either...in the South ... this is ridiculous! I love your vignette and your dishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please make my day and let me know you were here.