19 June 2009

Six cloches and a lantern


Thanks to Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for hosting the first Cloche Party!

In true procrastinator fashion, I'm still working on this post, but if I don't get something up now, it probably won't get here at all. This is my favorite cloche, purchased years ago at Boyles in Charlotte. I dug it out of its hiding place in the moving box (on the bottom of the stack, of course) just for today. Tomorrow, it'll go back in the box until moving day in September.

I've missed you, little cloche!




Wooden hand from the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. Zebra box from Z Gallerie. Silver pedestal from Target. Paisley throw, Waverly.








Barley twist pedestal - Southern Living at Home.



White scalloped pedestal from Cobblestone & Vine in Little Rock. Wood candlestand, Pottery Barn. Red toile runner, Nell Hill's in Atchison, KS




Hey look - it's Heathahlee's tassel!!!



The spoons in the clay pot are old Delta Airlines silverware. I found them at an antique store in Cashiers, NC, and bought them because Delta was founded in my hometown.





I got sidetracked flipping through all the Alexandra Stoddard books. Love her!!





This lantern is from Tuesday Morning. The bricks in the center are from an old grist mill on B's hunting club property. He brought them home for me along with some turkey feathers, winterberries, and a turtle shell.





I found the large white angel wing shell on top of the bricks last summer at Edisto Beach. It makes me think of Emily every time I see it.



21 comments:

  1. That is one hard-workin' cloche.:) Love your new tassel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty vignetes! Great ideas.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so creative. I love all the wonderful displays you've put together. You have some wonderful items and you've created such beautiful vignettes. Such fabulous inspiration. Love them all. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had many cute ideas for vignettes... I love the flags the best. Simple me... The shells in the lantern is classic and the bricks/shell display is really nice. Thanks for some good ideas. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome girl...love them all thanks...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cloche with the little hand....but they are all beautiful! Great idea for the old silverwear...Happy Cloche Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~Wow Tee!

    You have created some stunning designs here with cloches.
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    Love what you did with the barley twist stand from SL. ~Beautiful.

    ~Happy Cloche Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful display of cloches! The 4th of July is darling!

    Hugs!
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just lovely. I especially love the clay pots and they way they oppose the glass cloche. Thanks as always for sharing with all of the.

    Charla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you come up with all those displays just now? Wow- to pull it out just for us- thanks- I love the first vignette- that hand is really neat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such eye candy!!! I love them all. Can't imagine what you would have come up with if you hadn't procrastinated. And I would have never have found the packed away cloche. I'd go "I know it's in one of these boxes, but which one". And then I would have proceeded to forget to look. Thanks for all the ideas. I'm going to mess with my cloches this weekend & change them up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with that first one! How cute is that? I could never have come up with that sweet a vignette put together like that. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Very pretty! Omgosh, i'm learning so much from every blog I visit. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tee, they are all beautiful! Love the flag one! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a Nell Hill's fan, too! I am in Georgia - but Nell Hill's is a MUST when I visit my sister in KC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cloches are lovely...I like the vignettes you put together!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please make my day and let me know you were here.